Adult High School is open to residents of the City of Ottawa who are 18 years old or older.
We are a full-time high school. Classes are held Monday to Friday from 8:30 am - 2:30 pm.
All of our courses are credit courses that can be used towards an Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
Students must meet academic and enrolment standards for admission to certain courses.
Semester 2 Registration:
February 2 & 3 (9:00 am - 12:30 pm)
Classes begin on Thursday, February 4th, 2016.
Registration could take at least 1 hour.
If you have been out of school for more than 5 years,
you will be required to complete placement assessments during registration.
What to Bring:
- $60 Cash ($40 refundable book deposit, $20 school fee)
- Proof of status in Canada, such as: Canadian Birth Certificate or Citizenship, or Permanent Resident Card (Landed Immigrant Document or Study Permit)
- Proof of address in the Ottawa area (i.e. phone bill, lease, driver’s licence or cheque stub)
- Current Ontario transcript or Credit Counselling Summary for new and returning Adult High School students (Contact the last school you attended for a copy of your transcript, or bring your LINC report card)
- Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) card
* If you have studied in an ESL program anywhere in Canada, bring your report card or certificate when you come to register.
A Study Permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada is required if you are not a permanent resident. Contact the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board (phone: 613-721-1820) Admissions & Enrolment Department, 133 Greenbank Rd to apply for a Study Permit.
If you are new to the Ontario school system or have not studied in an Ontario high school in the past 5 years, you will need to write an English and Math Placement Assessment. This will determine the right level for you at Adult High School. You will be placed into courses based on your achievement.
Appropriate placement = greater success!
If you have questions about the Ontario School System, go to
www.settlement.org to read about the school system.
The information is available in 17 languages!
Do you want to study in the evening or at summer school?
Call Continuing Education at 613-239-2325
Do you want to study ESL, LINC or Academic Upgrading?
Call 613-239-2737 or 613-239-2297
Do you want to study online independently? Go to: www.ilc.org
There is limited parking available at the school.