Registration Information

***NEWS FLASH re: NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION** Adult High School staff are currently in the process of working through a very busy registration period. At this time, our classes are filling quickly with limited space remaining.
Accordingly, registration is closed until Monday, February 6, 2023. If there are seats available in classes at that time, we will open up registration again for semester 2. *************************************************************************************************************** Adult High School offers
high school credit courses for students interested in working toward their Ontario Secondary School Diploma. These courses are taught in-person using a semester format with 4 classes of 75 minutes each, Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 2:30pm. (We do not offer online courses).
Registration Information for Semester 2 (Feb 1, 2023 - June 29, 2023)
Are you a Permanent Resident or Refugee and have never earned high school credits in an Ontario high school? Are you coming from another province in Canada?
please come to our in-person registration January 25 OR 26, 2023 from 9:00am to 12:00pm
- please bring proof of landed status (PR card or landing papers).
- please bring proof of address (lease with your name on it, phone bill, etc). 
- please bring any recent benchmark levels for adult non-credit ESL or LINC classes. 
- plan to stay for the full three hours (9:00am to 12:00pm) as you will be asked to complete an ESL (or English) assessment and a Math assessment to help create your timetable of courses.
- please come alone; the school does not have the ability to accommodate other family members including children.

Note: Adult HS has a $20 consumable fee and $60 refundable book deposit requested of all students. We accept cash, debit, and credit.

Are you coming from another school in Ontario and have earned high school credits?
please complete this online form 
- once submitted, your form will be reviewed and if complete, you will receive an email with a date and time for an appointment with a guidance counselor to discuss your education plan and a timetable for semester 2. 
- please bring proof of Citizenship (passport), address (lease with your name on it, phone bill, etc.), and the most recent copy of your transcript from your last high school to your appointment.

Note: Adult HS has a $20 consumable fee and $60 refundable book deposit requested of all students. We accept cash, debit, and credit. 

Already have a diploma from another province/country? Learn more about high school credit equivalencies for your diploma’s/degrees already earned and/or your life experience through PLAR (click to watch informational video).
Would you like to review your Mathematics skills before starting courses at AHS? Visit our Math Supports page with helpful videos, online resources, and practice questions! 

Do you need to improve your English, Math, or Computer skills to prepare for High School? The Department of Continuing Education offers the following programs for adult learners:

  • English as a Second Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada: Click here for more information  
  • Other adult training programs including Computer Skills, Reading, Writing and Math Upgrading, and High School Preparation: Click here for more information on adult Literacy Programs


If you have questions about the Ontario School System, go to to read about the school system.

 The information is available in 17 languages!

Do you want to study in the evening or at summer school?
Call Continuing Education at 613-239-2325

Do you want to study ESL, LINC or Academic Upgrading?
Call 613-239-2737 or 613-239-2297

Do you want to study online independently? Go to:

There is limited parking available at the school.

Click here for bus schedules and routes.


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.